ASPCA Monthly Donations For Animals
The American Society for Preventing Cruelty to Animals is a heartbreaking, sad commercial on television.
But what percent of my ASPCA monthly donations go towards the treatment of animals?
A representative of the donor service at the American Society to Prevent Cruelty to Animals said that in the “ASPCA Donations breakdown,” 80 percent of donations go directly to ASPCA for animals. The remaining 20 percent goes to pay for other costs, such as the cost of advertising or administration.
According to the ASPCA’s website, donors like you who make monthly donations to the ASPCA Guardians program help the charity spend less money in fundraising and focus more on saving animal lives.
Charity Navigator gave the ASPCA the rating of 81.86 on a scale from 100-100 in financial statements. The organization spent 61.3 percent of its donations on initiatives, 32.8 percent on fundraising, and 5.8 percent on administrative costs.
ASPCA vs. Petsmart Charities
In a survey of the top animal welfare organizations, Petsmart Charities, a nonprofit organization separate from PetSmart stores, has the highest score, scoring 94.81 marks on a scale from 100 to 0.
Petsmart Charities Donation
PetSmart Charities works with other organizations to help with adopting shelter animals’ spay/neuter programs, as well as other initiatives to aid animals. It used 92.6 percent of its donations for programs. It also spent 4.8 percent on fundraising and 2.5 percent on administrative costs.
People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals – PETA
The People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals scored 72.38 points following a slap on the subject of diversification of assets and whether it has an independent board of members. PETA has spent 83.8 percent of its donations on programs. 14.9 percent on fundraising and 1.1 percent on administration.
Better Business Bureau Wise Giving Alliance
The Better Business Bureau Wise Giving Alliance assessed the ASPCA using financial information. It concluded that the organization spent 77 percent of its donations on programs and 19 percent on fundraising, and 4 percent on administration. The expenses of the year totaled $168 million.
The ASPCA complied with the BBB’s standards of 20 for accountability of charities, which includes expenditures for fundraising, effectiveness, and measures of board oversight.
Tags: ASPCA dogs for adoption, is ASPCA good charity, ASPCA animals, ASPCA join, ASPCA where does the money go, ASPCA what does it stand for, ASPCA humane society, is ASPCA legitimate, is ASPCA a nonprofit organization, ASPCA organization, ASPCA legit, ASPCA in my area
Please Visit Our Top 10 Pages Below