Bangor, Maine Dog Bite Attorney
Welcome to our information page about “Dog Bite Attorneys in Bangor.”
Below you will find the Most Popular Dog Bite Lawyers in Bangor.
You’ll also get Free Dog Bite Advice on whether you have a case or not.
Find out the top 7 legal issues regarding dog bites, the top 3 factors regarding liability, the three categories of money you could receive.
Plus, read the seven things you need from the dog owner’s insurance company and the 14 things you need to do after getting bit.
Top 7 Legal Issues about Dog Bites
The issues that determine your legal rights if a dog has bitten you vary from state to state, but the information below will help you determine if you have a case or not.
- Did the dog tend to bite people before?
- Did the person who had control of the dog know the dog tended to bite people?
- Did the person who owned the property know the dog had this tendency?
- Does your state have a dog bite statute?
- Was there a violation of an animal control law?
- Did the person who had control of the dog do something negligent?
- Were leash laws violated?
Top 3 Factors regarding Liability
- Do you have admissible evidence?
- Can you overcome defenses?
- Did you follow procedural rules?
Top 3 Categories of Money you could receive
- Economic Damages
- Non-Economic Damages
- Punitive Damages
The exact amount of money you can get depends on various factors, including age, gender, relationship to the defendant, the extent of injury, scars, disability, and state law.
7 Things You Need from Dog Owner’s Insurance Company
Ask these seven questions if they call you.
- Name of Company
- Telephone Number
- Claim Number
- Address of Adjuster’s Office
- Name of Person Insured
- Limits of Liability Coverage
- Limits of Medical Expense Coverage
Top 2 Scenarios Regarding Time it will Take
Does the Liable Party have Insurance?
Reimbursement is available under the liable party’s insurance policy. However, this can take 2 to 3 months or more.
2. The Liable Party Doesn’t have Insurance
The length of time it takes to get compensated depends on whether the method used is a settlement, restitution, or lawsuit.
Top 14 Things to Do After Getting Bit
- Get the names and addresses of the dog owner.
- Get names of people in control of the dog during the incident and address.
- Get the names and addresses of any witnesses.
- Demand dog’s rabies vaccination records.
- Get homeowners insurance or renters insurance copy.
- Take photos of the wounds where you were bitten.
- Take photos of the area where the bite happened.
- Take photos of any beware of dog signs.
- See a doctor and document the dog bite incident and treat the wound.
- If bitten on the face, insist on a plastic surgeon.
- Report the incident to an animal control agency in your area.
- Cooperate fully with authorities and investigating officers.
- Keep detailed records and copies of all documents related to the incident.
- Retain an experienced lawyer from the list below or another in your area.
Below you will find the most popular dog bite lawyers in Bangor.
We are not affiliated with any of the attorneys below, so please do your research.
Top Dog Bite Attorney Bangor
Most Popular Dog Bite Attorneys in Bangor.
Free Dog Bite Advice on whether you have a case or not. Free answers to your dog bite questions.
Christopher R. Largay
Dog Bite Attorney
293 State St. Suite One, Bangor, ME 04401
McCue Law Office
Dog Bite Lawyers
40 Western Ave, Hampden, ME 04444
Bangor Dog Bite Attorney
If you have suffered a dog bite on the property of another person, you can file a claim in Maine. However, the statute of limitations on a personal injury case in Maine is six years. Once this period has expired, the victim will not file a claim. Unfortunately, waiting this long can make it difficult to collect evidence, gather medical records, and speak to witnesses. That is why it is imperative to contact a dog bite attorney in Bangor, ME, as soon as possible.
A dog bite attorney in Bangor, Maine, will work to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve. Although the dog owner might be responsible for the damage, your long-term psychological and physical recovery may be more significant. Because of this, contacting a lawyer as soon as possible is essential. If a vicious dog injures you, you need to take action as soon as possible. Therefore, it’s important to contact a Bangor, ME dog bite attorney as soon as possible after an attack so that you can begin your healing.
If you are the victim of a dog attack, you should consider consulting a dog bite attorney. Maine’s dangerous dog law recently changed, increasing penalties for dangerous and nuisance dogs. A lawyer can help you get the proper compensation and get your life back on track after an animal attack. There are many benefits to hiring a lawyer to help you recover from an animal attack. You will receive a high-quality attorney at a reasonable cost.
Dog Bite Attorney, Dog Bite Lawyers, Dog Bites
Tags: dog bite attorney Bangor, with dog bite attorney Bangor, which dog bite attorney Bangor, where dog bite attorney Bangor, what dog bite attorney Bangor, how dog bite attorney Bangor, are dog bite attorney Bangor, when dog bite attorney Bangor, is dog bite attorney Bangor, why dog bite attorney Bangor, without dog bite attorney Bangor, can dog bite attorney Bangor, will dog bite attorney Bangor, to dog bite attorney Bangor, dog bite lawyer Bangor, should I get a lawyer for a dog bite, dog bite attorneys in Bangor, dog bite lawyers in Bangor, best dog bite attorneys in Bangor, best dog bite lawyers in Bangor
Dog Bite Lawyer, Dog Bite Attorneys, Dog Bite