Dog Bite Attorney Portland, OR
Welcome to our information page about “Dog Bite Attorneys in Portland.”
Below you will find the 10 Most Popular Dog Bite Lawyers in Portland and the surrounding area.
You’ll also get Free Dog Bite Advice on whether you have a case or not.
Find out the top 7 legal issues regarding dog bites, the top 3 factors regarding liability, the three categories of money you could receive.
Plus, read the seven things you need from the dog owner’s insurance company and the 14 things you need to do after getting bit.
Top 7 Legal Issues about Dog Bites
The issues that determine your legal rights if a dog has bitten you vary from state to state, but the information below will help you determine if you have a case or not.
- Did the dog tend to bite people before?
- Did the person who had control of the dog know the dog tended to bite people?
- Did the person who owned the property know the dog had this tendency?
- Does your state have a dog bite statute?
- Was there a violation of an animal control law?
- Did the person who had control of the dog do something negligent?
- Were leash laws violated?
Top 3 Factors regarding Liability
- Do you have admissible evidence?
- Can you overcome defenses?
- Did you follow procedural rules?
Top 3 Categories of Money you could receive
- Economic Damages
- Non-Economic Damages
- Punitive Damages
The exact amount of money you can get depends on various factors, including age, gender, relationship to the defendant, the extent of injury, scars, disability, and state law.
7 Things You Need from Dog Owner’s Insurance Company
Ask these seven questions if they call you.
- Name of Company
- Telephone Number
- Claim Number
- Address of Adjuster’s Office
- Name of Person Insured
- Limits of Liability Coverage
- Limits of Medical Expense Coverage
Top 2 Scenarios Regarding Time it will Take
Does the Liable Party have Insurance?
Reimbursement is available under the liable party’s insurance policy. However, this can take 2 to 3 months or more.
2. The Liable Party Doesn’t have Insurance
The length of time it takes to get compensated depends on whether the method used is a settlement, restitution, or lawsuit.
Top 14 Things to Do After Getting Bit
- Get the names and addresses of the dog owner.
- Get names of people in control of the dog during the incident and address.
- Get the names and addresses of any witnesses.
- Demand dog’s rabies vaccination records.
- Get homeowners insurance or renters insurance copy.
- Take photos of the wounds where you were bitten.
- Take photos of the area where the bite happened.
- Take photos of any beware of dog signs.
- See a doctor and document the dog bite incident and treat the wound.
- If bitten on the face, insist on a plastic surgeon.
- Report the incident to an animal control agency in your area.
- Cooperate fully with authorities and investigating officers.
- Keep detailed records and copies of all documents related to the incident.
- Retain an experienced lawyer from the list below or another in your area.
Below you will find the most popular dog bite lawyers in Portland.
We are not affiliated with any of the attorneys below, so please do your research.
Top 10 Dog Bite Attorney Portland
Jon Freidman ATY
1020 SW Taylor St Ste 430, Portland, OR 97205
Mayor Law, LLC
121 SW Salmon St #1125, Portland, OR 97204
Shlesinger & deVilleneuve Attorneys, P.C.
205 SE Spokane St Ste 300, Portland, OR 97202
Morse Busby Andrews & Terry LLP
108 E Mill Plain Blvd, Vancouver, WA 98660
Law Office Of Gregory E. Price, P.S.
510 E Mcloughlin Blvd, Vancouver, WA 98663
The Law Office of Josh Lamborn PC
820 SW 2nd Ave, Portland, OR 97204
Law Office Patrick Cadiz
9226 SE Division St, Portland, OR 97266
Mila Boyd Law Offices
605 E McLoughlin Blvd, Vancouver, WA 98663
Bernard Law Group
13215 SE Mill Plain Blvd Ste C-8#149, Vancouver, WA 98684
The Scott Law Firm, PLLC
3305 Main St Ste 305, Vancouver, WA 98663
A Dog Bite Attorney Can Help You Maximize Your Compensation
If you are the victim of a dog attack, you may be entitled to receive compensation for your injuries. In most cases, the owner of the dog is responsible for the incident, so you must identify them immediately. If you can’t do so, then you should seek medical care. A bite wound can quickly become infected and may require sutures. If you are able to do so, you must identify the owner of the dog so that you can get the compensation you deserve.
The value of your claim is largely dependent on the severity of the bite and the severity of your injuries. However, hiring a Portland dog bite attorney is a good idea to maximize your compensation. Moreover, insurance companies have deadlines for filing claims, so you need an experienced lawyer who knows how to deal with them. Contact a lawyer from Rizk Law to start the process of collecting compensation. You can speak to them about your case and receive compensation for your injuries.
If the dog bite caused you to be injured, you may be able to file a dog attack lawsuit. If you are bitten by a dog, you can use this law to recover the damages you deserve. The value of your claim depends on the severity of the injury. The more severe your injuries are, the higher the compensation you may be able to recover. A dog bite attorney in Portland will help you make the most of your case. The insurance company will often have strict deadlines for filing claims. Regardless of the time frame for filing, Rizk Law can deal with these companies on your behalf.
Dog Bite Attorney, Dog Bite Lawyers, Dog Bites
Tags: dog bite attorney Portland, with dog bite attorney Portland, which dog bite attorney Portland, where dog bite attorney Portland, what dog bite attorney Portland, how dog bite attorney Portland, are dog bite attorney Portland, when dog bite attorney Portland, is dog bite attorney Portland, why dog bite attorney Portland, without dog bite attorney Portland, can dog bite attorney Portland, will dog bite attorney Portland, to dog bite attorney Portland, dog bite lawyer Portland, should I get a lawyer for a dog bite, dog bite attorneys in Portland, dog bite lawyers in Portland, best dog bite attorneys in Portland, best dog bite lawyers in Portland
Dog Bite Lawyer, Dog Bite Attorneys, Dog Bite